TG-RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TG-RP

The Greek Roleplay

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to fix GTA SA from not starting up.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nikos_Mokas

Nikos_Mokas

How to fix GTA SA from not starting up. Empty
PostSubject: How to fix GTA SA from not starting up.   How to fix GTA SA from not starting up. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 5:20 pm

My GTA SA is lagging/and or will not start up at all. How do I fix this?
The answer is quite simple...

On XP:
In a new Windows Explorer Window, go to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\
Now delete gta_sa.set

On Vista or 7:
In a new Windows Explorer Window, go to C:\Users\<username>\Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\
Now delete gta_sa.set

What this will do is delete all your game settings (not saved games, just things like controller setup, graphics settings, audio settings, etc

If you are very familiar with Mac OS X, then think of this like the common problem with Microsoft Word 2008. The fix is to delete the .plist file that has the user config info in it.

Note: This WILL delete your controller settings, graphics settings, and audio settings back to the way GTA San Andreas came installed. Think of it as a Factory Reset.

This fix can also be used if you have a laptop, hooked it up to a big screen and increased the resolution to one higher then the laptop's maximum resolution. Then you switched back to your laptop and now it doesn't work properly.

Also for desktop users, you might have purchased a new monitor and you may switch between screens often which creates something similar of an issue like the laptop situation.

I hope this helps, as I have seen many people ask "my gta wont work" or "my gta is lagging" etc.

Following this guide will set all graphics to the lowest, so you will get the best performance.

If you're still having an issue, PM me with specific information or try a virus scan. If your game is REALLY screwed up, run the SA-MP un-installer, GTA SA un-installer, CCleaner to erase/fix the registry, and re-install.

If that still doesn't work, then I guess its time to get a new computer!

^.^
Back to top Go down

How to fix GTA SA from not starting up.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TG-RP :: Important Forums :: Guides & Information-
Jump to: